From: "Timothée Mazzucotelli" <pawamoy@protonmail.com>
To: "zsh-workers@zsh.org" <zsh-workers@zsh.org>
Subject: Feature request: ZSH_XTRACEFD variable
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 15:08:57 +0000

Similar to Bash (BASH_XTRACEFD), I would like to be able to change the file descriptor to which the XTRACE output is sent.

It would allow me to build a Zsh script that computes code coverage through a unit testing tool like ZUnit (inspired by Bats, for Bash).

Indeed ZUnit captures stdout and stderr, therefore I cannot use the XTRACE output to compute code coverage because it's mixed up with stderr and so captured by ZUnit.

Regards,
Timothée Mazzucotelli