zsh-workers
* Problem with zsh 3.1.x and shared libncurses
@ 1997-07-29  9:13 Swen Thuemmler
From: Swen Thuemmler @ 1997-07-29  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hi,

there is a bug in zle, which may cause a segmentation fault if it is
compiled with a shared libncurses.so. The reason is that in curses there
is a function refresh(), which is also in zle_refresh.c. Now the calls to
refresh() in zle.so might be mapped to the function in ncurses.so, which
will lead to a segmentation fault (this is on Solaris 2.5, but I had the
problem on IRIX 6.2, too). I compiled with LD_RUN_PATH=/usr/local/lib,
where the libncurses.so is located (on IRIX: -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib).
After renaming the function to zle_refresh(), all worked well, so I'd
suggest renaming that function to avoid potential name clashes.

Greetings, Swen

only message in thread, other threads:[~1997-07-29  9:19 UTC | newest]