zsh-workers
* Re: PATCH: Files in prompt
@ 2000-03-03  9:46 ` Zefram
From: Zefram @ 2000-03-03  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jaime Medrano; +Cc: zsh-workers

Jaime Medrano wrote:
>	I' ve developped a patch that allows to include the content of a file
>inside the prompt. The content is evaluated every time the prompt is
>displayed so that if the file changes, the prompt also changes.

Does this look anything like the result of having "$(<file)" in the
prompt (with PROMPT_SUBST set), or "%v" after doing "psvar[1]=$(<file)"
in precmd?

-zefram

* PATCH: Files in prompt
@ 2000-03-03  9:49 Jaime Medrano
From: Jaime Medrano @ 2000-03-03  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

	I' ve developped a patch that allows to include the content of a file
inside the prompt. The content is evaluated every time the prompt is
displayed so that if the file changes, the prompt also changes.

	It's very easy to use. You have to use the escape secuence:
%f{file} , where file is the name of the file.

	With this message, I've attached the path to the code sources and
the documentation. The path has been built whith diff -u against the
zsh-1.1.6.

Jaime Medrano Navarro
overflow@eurielec.etsit.upm.es

* Re: PATCH: Files in prompt
@ 2000-03-03 10:21   ` Jaime Medrano
From: Jaime Medrano @ 2000-03-03 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zefram; +Cc: zsh-workers

On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, Zefram wrote:

> Jaime Medrano wrote:
> >	I' ve developped a patch that allows to include the content of a file
> >inside the prompt. The content is evaluated every time the prompt is
> >displayed so that if the file changes, the prompt also changes.
>
> Does this look anything like the result of having "$(<file)" in the
> prompt (with PROMPT_SUBST set), or "%v" after doing "psvar[1]=$(<file)"
> in precmd?
>
> -zefram

	Mmm... I think you're right. I knew the second way, but I haven't
heard before about the PROMPT_SUBST option. So, forget this patch.
I should have read the docs twice before sending a patch.