zsh-workers
* setterm
@ 1998-07-14  0:39 jago
From: jago @ 1998-07-14  0:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

setterm -foreground blue -background -white -clear or any other use of
setterm will not work under zsh.  Can someone help me out??

jago

* Re: setterm
@ 1998-07-14 20:33   ` jago
From: jago @ 1998-07-14 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Köhler; +Cc: zsh-workers

[-- Attachment #1: Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII, Size: 721 bytes --]

Slackeare 3.5 Linux Kernel 2.0.34
i dont know what version zsh is, what ever comes with slack 3.5

On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Thomas Köhler wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 13, 1998 at 07:39:56PM -0500, jago@ultravision.net wrote:
>
> > setterm -foreground blue -background -white -clear or any other use of
> > setterm will not work under zsh.  Can someone help me out??
>
> It works for me - what's your environment?
>
> I have zsh-3.1.4 / Linux 2.0.3x
>
> > jago
>
> CU,
> Thomas
>
> --
>     Thomas Köhler    Email:     jean-luc@picard.franken.de
>         <><           WWW:    http://home.pages.de/~jeanluc/
>                       IRC:               jeanluc
>       LCARS --- Linux for Computers on All Real Starships

* Re: setterm
@ 1998-07-14 20:33 ` Thomas Köhler
From: Thomas Köhler @ 1998-07-14 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jago, zsh-workers

On Mon, Jul 13, 1998 at 07:39:56PM -0500, jago@ultravision.net wrote:

> setterm -foreground blue -background -white -clear or any other use of
> setterm will not work under zsh.  Can someone help me out??

It works for me - what's your environment?

I have zsh-3.1.4 / Linux 2.0.3x

> jago

CU,
Thomas

--

@ 1998-07-15 16:55     ` Thomas Köhler
From: Thomas Köhler @ 1998-07-15 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jago, Thomas Köhler; +Cc: zsh-workers

On Tue, Jul 14, 1998 at 03:33:10PM -0500, jago@ultravision.net wrote:

> Slackeare 3.5 Linux Kernel 2.0.34
> i dont know what version zsh is, what ever comes with slack 3.5
>

> On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Thomas Köhler wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jul 13, 1998 at 07:39:56PM -0500, jago@ultravision.net wrote:
> >
> > > setterm -foreground blue -background -white -clear or any other use of
> > > setterm will not work under zsh.  Can someone help me out??
> >
> > It works for me - what's your environment?
> >
> > I have zsh-3.1.4 / Linux 2.0.3x

uhm, one question: did you also do a setterm -store?

Try this:
setterm -foreground blue -background -white -clear -store

Does it work?

CU,
Thomas

--