zsh-workers
* Getting diffs out of Web-CVS
@ 2000-08-28  9:11 Andrej Borsenkow
From: Andrej Borsenkow @ 2000-08-28  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

I think, Bart once asked if it is possible (so, that we could provide usres
with URLs to download). For a single file it is trivial. Example is:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/zsh/ChangeLog.diff?cvsroot=zsh&r
1=1.687&r2=1.688&f=u

where f=u is diff type - in this case Unified (default is display-friendly
color diff).

Of course, if patch spans several files, the whole story is much more
complicated. I noted, that CVS mailing list for RedHat-maintained utilities
lists all commited files in form of above URLs (as example, look at
<http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils-cvs/2000-08/msg00100.html>). Really
handy - if we had some way to associate commits with article numbers.

-andrej

Have a nice DOS!
B >>

* Re: Getting diffs out of Web-CVS
@ 2000-08-28 22:16 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2000-08-28 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 28 Aug 2000, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> I noted, that CVS mailing list for RedHat-maintained utilities lists
> all commited files in form of above URLs (as example, look at
> <http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils-cvs/2000-08/msg00100.html>).

That's a commit log message, so it's very likely that the URLs are
generated by a commitlog script at the time the files are checked in.
It's entirely possible that a similar script is available at sourceforge
to work with their (slightly modified, IIRC) cvsweb server.

We'd need to decide where to have those commit logs mailed [*] and then be
very careful to make exactly one commit per "patch", including all the
affected files.

[*] Not back to zsh-workers, I think -- perhaps to a sourceforge-hosted
mailing list that we'd set up to get nothing but commit logs?