zsh-workers
* CVS per-patch flat tags still needed?
@ 2000-07-17  1:22 Wayne Davison
From: Wayne Davison @ 2000-07-17  1:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Workers

Do we need all the old per-patch flat tags that the pre-sourceforge
CVS patch-applicator used to generate?  I've heard that having a lot
of unused flat tags slows CVS down (presumably when using a tag name),
and since we don't maintain any per-patch tags anymore, it seems to me
that it would be a good idea to just remove them.  I'd be glad to do
this, if we agree that this is a desired course of action (at least,
once zsh.sourceforge.net comes back up again).

..wayne..

* Re: CVS per-patch flat tags still needed?
@ 2000-07-17  8:52 ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2000-07-17  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

> Do we need all the old per-patch flat tags that the pre-sourceforge
> CVS patch-applicator used to generate?  I've heard that having a lot
> of unused flat tags slows CVS down (presumably when using a tag name),
> and since we don't maintain any per-patch tags anymore, it seems to me
> that it would be a good idea to just remove them.  I'd be glad to do
> this, if we agree that this is a desired course of action (at least,
> once zsh.sourceforge.net comes back up again).

That would be a good idea.  I think we can get a long OK with the version
tags, the ChangeLog and the mailing list archive.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@cambridgesiliconradio.com>
Cambridge Silicon Radio, Unit 300, Science Park, Milton Road,

* Re: CVS per-patch flat tags still needed?
@ 2000-07-20  6:43   ` Wayne Davison
From: Wayne Davison @ 2000-07-20  6:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Stephenson; +Cc: Zsh hackers list

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> I think we can get a long OK with the version tags, the ChangeLog
> and the mailing list archive.

Since there was no dissent, I ran a little "for" loop to remove the
1200 or so per-patch revision tags.  The ~64 release tags are still
there.

..wayne..