zsh-workers
* C02cond.ztst failure: -N
@ 2002-03-25 16:54 Adam Spiers
From: Adam Spiers @ 2002-03-25 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

With latest CVS:

./C02cond.ztst: starting.
Test ./C02cond.ztst failed: bad status 1, expected 0 from:
  sleep 1
  cat unmodified
  touch newnewnew
  if [[ $OSTYPE == "cygwin" ]]; then
    print -u8 "Warning: not testing [[ -N file ]] (not supported on Cygwin)"
    true
  else
    [[ -N newnewnew && ! -N unmodified ]]
  fi
Was testing: -N cond
./C02cond.ztst: test failed.

Could this be because the compile is happening on an NFS-mounted
drive?

* Re: C02cond.ztst failure: -N
@ 2002-03-25 17:00 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2002-03-25 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Spiers, zsh-workers

On Mar 25,  4:54pm, Adam Spiers wrote:
}
} Was testing: -N cond
} ./C02cond.ztst: test failed.
}
} Could this be because the compile is happening on an NFS-mounted
} drive?

Yes, that's a very likely cause.

* Re: C02cond.ztst failure: -N
@ 2002-03-25 18:15   ` Adam Spiers
From: Adam Spiers @ 2002-03-25 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Bart Schaefer (schaefer@brasslantern.com) wrote:
> On Mar 25,  4:54pm, Adam Spiers wrote:
> }
> } Was testing: -N cond
> } ./C02cond.ztst: test failed.
> }
> } Could this be because the compile is happening on an NFS-mounted
> } drive?
>
> Yes, that's a very likely cause.

In that case, would it be worth adding a check and skipping the test
when appropriate?  Or, if that's not easily done in a portable
fashion, maybe it's worth adding a "This test might fail" type of
message?

* Re: C02cond.ztst failure: -N
@ 2002-03-25 19:44     ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2002-03-25 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Spiers; +Cc: zsh-workers

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Adam Spiers wrote:

> > } Could this be because the compile is happening on an NFS-mounted
> > } drive?
> >
> > Yes, that's a very likely cause.
>
> In that case, would it be worth adding a check and skipping the test
> when appropriate?

We discussed that but I don't think anybody came up with a good test for
whether the directory is NFS mounted.

> Or, if that's not easily done in a portable fashion, maybe it's worth
> adding a "This test might fail" type of message?

Sure.  In fact, all the tests involving the "newnewnew" file can fail if
the clock on the NFS server is out of sync with the local clock by even
a few seconds.