zsh-workers
* Re: insert-last-word makes space disappear
       [not found] ` <Pine.LNX.4.61.0408132357390.30205@toltec.zanshin.com>
@ 2004-08-15 18:53   ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2004-08-15 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004, Bart Schaefer wrote:

> The best long-term solution would be to extend the user-defined widget
> creation routines to flag widgets that should keep (or erase) a previous
> auto-suffix, so that the internal implementation of the widget doesn't
> matter.

It occurs to me to wonder why the auto-suffix isn't available in a zle
variable (like BUFFER, CURSOR, etc.) so that the user-defined widget
can make it's own decisions?  If the suffix is more than one character
long, it's not sufficient to examine $LBUFFER[-1].

Another question is whether appending to LBUFFER should (already does?)
count as an insertion for purposes of e.g. "compadd -R".

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-08-15 18:56 UTC | newest]