zsh-workers
* propagate LDFLAGS to modules - howto?
@ 2001-07-09  8:29 jarausch
From: jarausch @ 2001-07-09  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hi,

I've configured current zsh (on my IRIX-6.5 box) with
LDFLAGS='-s -L/usr/LOCAL/lib -rpath=/usr/LOCAL/lib'
since my libpcre.so is there.

But when executing pcregrep (having loaded it before
without any error message)
I get an rld error showing that /usr/LOCAL/lib
is not in the list of searched directories.

How can I pass this information to the Makefile
building libpcre ?

Thanks for a hint,

Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
Institute of Technology, RWTH Aachen
D 52056 Aachen, Germany

* Re: propagate LDFLAGS to modules - howto?
@ 2001-07-09 17:39 ` Andrej Borsenkow
From: Andrej Borsenkow @ 2001-07-09 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jarausch; +Cc: zsh-workers

On Mon, 9 Jul 2001 jarausch@igpm.rwth-aachen.de wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've configured current zsh (on my IRIX-6.5 box) with
> LDFLAGS='-s -L/usr/LOCAL/lib -rpath=/usr/LOCAL/lib'
> since my libpcre.so is there.
>
> But when executing pcregrep (having loaded it before
> without any error message)
> I get an rld error showing that /usr/LOCAL/lib
> is not in the list of searched directories.
>
> How can I pass this information to the Makefile
> building libpcre ?

DLLDFLAGFS=...

Do not forget you need all flags, I guess -shared at least.

-andrej

* Re: propagate LDFLAGS to modules - howto?
@ 2001-07-10  8:47   ` jarausch
From: jarausch @ 2001-07-10  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrej.Borsenkow; +Cc: zsh-workers

On  9 Jul, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Jul 2001 jarausch@igpm.rwth-aachen.de wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've configured current zsh (on my IRIX-6.5 box) with
>> LDFLAGS='-s -L/usr/LOCAL/lib -rpath=/usr/LOCAL/lib'
>> since my libpcre.so is there.
>>
>> But when executing pcregrep (having loaded it before
>> without any error message)
>> I get an rld error showing that /usr/LOCAL/lib
>> is not in the list of searched directories.
>>
>> How can I pass this information to the Makefile
>> building libpcre ?
>>

> DLLDFLAGFS=...

probably that's DLLDFLAGS=

Now I've rebuilt zsh and
ldd pcre.so correctly gives
libpcre.so.1  =>         /usr/LOCAL/lib/libpcre.so.1

and  ls -l /usr/LOCAL/lib/libpcre.so.1*  gives
lrwxr-xr-x    1 root     sys           14 Jul  4 10:52 /usr/LOCAL/lib/libpcre.so.1 -> libpcre.so.1.1
-rw-r--r--    1 root     sys        85136 Jul  4 10:52 /usr/LOCAL/lib/libpcre.so.1.1

but now
zmodload pcre
gives
zsh: failed to load module: pcre

So how to find out the reason?

Therefore a plea for a new feature

Could zmodload take a '-v' option and show
where it tries to load from and some more detail of
the reason it failed?

Thanks,

@ 2001-07-10  9:11     ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2001-07-10  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jarausch; +Cc: zsh-workers

On Jul 10, 10:47am, jarausch@igpm.rwth-aachen.de wrote:
}
} but now
} zmodload pcre
} gives
} zsh: failed to load module: pcre

That's because the name of the module is `zsh/pcre', not `pcre'.

* Re: propagate LDFLAGS to modules - howto?
@ 2001-07-10  9:25       ` jarausch
From: jarausch @ 2001-07-10  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: schaefer; +Cc: zsh-workers

On 10 Jul, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Jul 10, 10:47am, jarausch@igpm.rwth-aachen.de wrote:
> }
> } but now
> } zmodload pcre
> } gives
> } zsh: failed to load module: pcre
>
> That's because the name of the module is `zsh/pcre', not `pcre'.

Oh sorry for that dumb error.