Hi everyone! When zsh tries to execute "while do; done", it enters a busy loop: % dash -c 'while do; done' dash: 1: Syntax error: "do" unexpected % bash -c 'while do; done' bash: -c: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `do' bash: -c: line 1: `while do; done' % zsh -c 'while do; done' # never finishes/prompts by itself ^C zsh -c 'while do; done' 27,73s user 0,00s system 99% cpu 27,732 total 4k maxrss Even more, if the user enters "while do; done" in an interactive zsh instance, the busy loop is not interruptible by ^C, ^\ or ^Z; the shell has to be killed via some external means. To be fair, I have discovered the bug with the semicolon omitted ("while do done"). Could we do something about this?