zsh-workers
* Posted zsh 5.9
@ 2022-05-14 20:59 dana
From: dana @ 2022-05-14 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

I've just finished posting zsh 5.9. It should be available in the usual
places:

  https://sourceforge.net/projects/zsh/files/
  https://www.zsh.org/pub/

With the notes at:

  https://zsh.sourceforge.io/releases.html

creating-a-release instructs us to wait a day before posting to -announce,
which has always been followed a little loosely i think, at least by me...
but i'll do that this time, unless someone wants me to go ahead now.

Some things i noted this time around:

* creating-a-release doesn't explicitly say where to put the zsh-keyring
  file for stable releases. (It's obvious for test releases since there's
  only one place it could go.) I guess for that reason i did not upload it
  to SF when i posted 5.8.1. This time i put it under zsh/ (and not
  zsh-doc/). Is that the intention?

* The release-update-versions script in the web repo failed to complete
  because, despite being passed the --content-disposition option, wget was
  not fully respecting the attachment name for the files it downloaded from
  SF, resulting in the addition of query-string parameters to the ends of
  the file names. I hacked around this by making the script do a rename
  pass after the wget, not sure if we want to come up with something nicer.
  (`curl -LJO` names the files correctly, fwiw)

* This has probably been discussed before, but is it deliberate that the
  (roff-formatted) man pages are in the source archive and not in the doc
  one? The Homebrew package maintainers don't seem to be aware of this (they
  only pull the HTML files from the doc archive), and i wanted to confirm
  that that's how it's meant to be before i submit a PR

dana