Folks, If a user widget modifies the history, e.g. appends a line using `print -s`, then the current ZLE instance does not find out about it: history expansion won't have access to it, and the `up-history` command doesn't "find" it. ``` % _test_hist() { print -s "echo foo" zle -M "The last line of history is now 'echo foo' zle reset-prompt } % zle -N _test_hist % bindkey '\et' _test_hist # now hit esc-t % _ The last line of history is now 'echo foo' ``` The cursor is indicated by the underscore. If I execute `up-history`, I get the `bindkey` command line. `!$` will contain "_test_hist". Curiously, `!!` will run `echo foo`. I suspect this is due to those being different ways to access history for historical reasons, but it's an inconsistency nonetheless. Is there a reason why `reset-prompt` shouldn't re-initialise ZLE's understanding of history? Thanks, -- @martinkrafft | https://matrix.to/#/#madduck:madduck.net "the worst part of being old is remembering when you was young." -- alvin straight (the straight story) spamtraps: madduck.bogus@madduck.net