On Friday, December 1st, 2023 at 14:51, Mikael Magnusson wrote: > > I'm not opposed to the patch, but you could just cd $PWD-branchname in > this case. True. For me personally though, typing $PWD always feels a bit clunky and unergonomic as I have to hold shift constantly. > It's also easy to get the desired functionality with a > wrapper function (admittedly slightly less easy if you also want to > handle edge cases like cd -L '' foo but you probably don't): > cd() { > if [[ $# == 2 ]] && [[ $1 = "" ]]; then > builtin cd $PWD$2 > else > builtin cd "$@" > fi > } Yes, that is probably what I'll do, if the patch gets rejected. But I am not a big fan of wrapper functions that have to parse arguments and tend to not want to break existing functionality through them. Thanks, Julian