On 4 czerwca 2017 at 02:54:57, Bart Schaefer (schaefer@brasslantern.com) wrote: > On Jun 3, 4:11pm, Sebastian Gniazdowski wrote: > } Subject: Re: Improving zcompdump (Re: A patch with hashtable optimization, > } > } On 20 maja 2017 at 19:08:09, Bart Schaefer (schaefer@brasslantern.com) wrote: > } > How much does zcompdump actually help? Have you compared startup with > } > and without it? > > Haven't seen that yet (nor tried it myself, tho). It wasn't me in the "How does .." > } > One lesson learned with Completion/Base/Utility/_store_cache is that > } > parsing array assignments is expensive. > } > } Results seem to confirm what you said > > I also tried something similar ... using the just the default set of > completions, more wall-clock time is spent restoring the autoloads > than loading the _comps array, at least on my system. Could you try patch with single-allocation in mkautofn()? Chances are low, but who knows. The patch spans also to other non-heap Eprog allocation places. -- Sebastian Gniazdowski psprint /at/ zdharma.org