zsh-workers
* FYI: zsh 3.0.4 works on SCO OS's
@ 1997-06-27 23:15 Steve Ginzburg
From: Steve Ginzburg @ 1997-06-27 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

zsh people,

    FYI:  zsh 3.0.4 compiles cleanly and runs on both of the
following platforms:

    SCO OpenServer 5.0.4
    SCO Unixware 2.1

Since these weren't mentioned in Etc/MACHINES, I thought I'd
drop a note to the list.  (I'm hoping this is the right place
to send this information.  The FAQ wasn't too specific.)

-Steve

* Re: FYI: zsh 3.0.4 works on SCO OS's
@ 1997-06-28  6:07 ` Zoltan Hidvegi
From: Zoltan Hidvegi @ 1997-06-28  6:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Ginzburg; +Cc: zsh-workers

> Since these weren't mentioned in Etc/MACHINES, I thought I'd
> drop a note to the list.  (I'm hoping this is the right place
> to send this information.  The FAQ wasn't too specific.)

Well, there are several other OS'es missing from Etc/MACHINES.  Currently
I do not know about any 32 or more bit Unix like OS where zsh cannot be
compiled (at least after some little modifications).  Perhaps
Etc/MACHINES should only mention those systems where some manual
intervention may be necessary to compile zsh.

Zoltan

* Re: FYI: zsh 3.0.4 works on SCO OS's
@ 1997-06-28  6:45   ` Jason Zapman II
From: Jason Zapman II @ 1997-06-28  6:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Zoltan Hidvegi <hzoli@frontiernet.net> writes:
> Well, there are several other OS'es missing from Etc/MACHINES.  Currently
> I do not know about any 32 or more bit Unix like OS where zsh cannot be
> compiled (at least after some little modifications).  Perhaps
> Etc/MACHINES should only mention those systems where some manual
> intervention may be necessary to compile zsh.

I would argue for maybe a paragraph at the end saying something to the
effect of:

Zsh is known to compile cleanly on:  Solaris 2.x, SunOS 4.1.x, SCO
OpenUnix, ... HPUX 10.x etc.

Maybe alphabitise the list...

One more opinion in the vast sea known as the internet...
Jason

--
--------------Jason Price  Theta Xi, BA 449  zapman@cc.gatech.edu-------------
"You come of the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve, and that is both honor enough to