zsh-workers
* tag-order problem
@ 2000-05-10 16:56 Tanaka Akira
From: Tanaka Akira @ 2000-05-10 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Z(4):akr@serein% Src/zsh -f
serein% bindkey -e; autoload -U compinit; compinit -D; compdef _tst tst
serein% zstyle ':completion:*' group-name ''
serein% zstyle ':completion:*:messages' format %d
serein% zstyle ':completion:*:descriptions' format %d
serein% zstyle ':completion:*:*:foo:*' tag-order '*' '*:-case'
serein% zstyle ':completion:*-case' matcher 'm:{a-z}={A-Z}'
serein% foo c<TAB>
file
config.cache    config.h        config.log      config.sub*     configure.in
config.guess*   config.h.in     config.status*  configure*
file
CVS/            Completion/     config.guess*   config.log      configure*
ChangeLog       Config/         config.h        config.status*  configure.in
ChangeLog.3.0   config.cache    config.h.in     config.sub*

I think it shouldn't completes two file sets at once.
--
Tanaka Akira

* tag-order problem.
@ 2000-05-30 14:22 Tanaka Akira
From: Tanaka Akira @ 2000-05-30 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

I found that tag-order prevents some of completions.

Z(3):akr@serein% Src/zsh -f
serein% bindkey -e;autoload -U compinit; compinit -D
serein% zstyle ':completion:*' tag-order '*:label'
serein% which <TAB>

This completes nothing.

Note that

serein% lynx <TAB>
serein% gzip <TAB>
serein% compress <TAB>

etc. have same problem.
--
Tanaka Akira

* tag-order problem
@ 2002-05-11 10:48 Borsenkow Andrej
From: Borsenkow Andrej @ 2002-05-11 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

Just found problem in my _service/_services

_service calls _services to complete list of available services. Because
_services normally completes both init and xinetd, I presumed I could
limit matches by setting tag-order; in this case:

zstyle :completion::complete:service:argument-1: tag-order init -

(meaning - for the first argument of service somplete only tag `init').

It did restrict services set to init only - but it also stopped dead
options completion.

Setting tags to `options init -' does allow options completion - both in
first and second word as well; third and subsequent are completed
normally (after -TAB three times:

{pts/2}% service --debug --full-restart httpd-naat
Completing init services
httpd-naat  syslog-ng

Looking in traces, it seems that

_arguments in _service correctly setups requested tags (that are
argument-1 and options) and does not use the above tag-order style at
all

first call to _tags in tags loop is O.K.; next `_requested argument-1'
also returns true

next call to _tags is still true

but call to `_requested options' fails.

If no tag-order is defined it works correctly but then both sets are
listed (that I'd like to avoid).

-andrej