Hi all, It looks like '-' and '--' don't have the same effect in compadd. For example, the following completion function produces "_systemctl_test:compadd:2: bad option: -.": _systemctl_test() { compadd -- -.mount boot.mount } Whereas it works well with '-'. The documentation says: - -- This flag ends the list of flags and options. All argu- ments after it will be taken as the words to use as matches even if they begin with hyphens. I know about -Q: -Q This flag instructs the completion code not to quote any metacharacters in the words when inserting them into the command line. which also does the trick, but I don't think that's what I need. Besides, I can not see any kind of quoting when not specifying -Q. Am I missing something ? In attachment a test sample, issue: systemctl test [TAB]. Cheers, Foudil