zsh-workers
* gcc-3.0 Success!
@ 2001-06-23  0:37 Vin Shelton
From: Vin Shelton @ 2001-06-23  0:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

My problem with 3.0 and zsh was with dynamic linking, as Bart, Andrej
and I had suspected.  The problem is that I installed gcc to
/usr/local/gcc-3.0 and did not update ldconfig.so because I'm still
verifying the 3.0 compiler.  Since gcc-3.0 uses a shared libgcc when
you link dynamically, the configure tests would fail when dynamic
linking was specified because libgcc_s.so couldn't be found.

Running my configure/build/test/install script with
LD_RUN_PATH=/usr/local/gcc-3.0/lib made everything work hunky dory.

  - vin