zsh-workers
* backspace
@ 1997-11-10 18:57 Anders Lannerback
From: Anders Lannerback @ 1997-11-10 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

As I have grown quite fond of zsh I installed it on my portable
but ran in to some trouble. When I press backspace it generates
a backspace but shows a space. When I use bash I have no such problems.
I have tried setting TERM to different values, but that doesn't help.
What can I do?

--
Anders Lannerbäck
E-mail:		f95-ala@nada.kth.se

* backspace
@ 2000-11-10 19:48 Roland Bauerschmidt
From: Roland Bauerschmidt @ 2000-11-10 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hello,

I am a happy user of zsh, but there is one thing where I think that the way
bash handles it is more useful. It is the function of <backspace> while
editing the command line. Consider the following example:

zsh:
  roland@minnesota:~% cd /usr/share/doc/zsh/<backspace>
 causes to change the line into the following:
  roland@minnesota:~% cd

bash:
  roland@minnesota:~> cd /usr/share/doc/zsh<backspace>
 causes to change the line into the following:
  roland@minnesota:~> cd /usr/share/doc/

Is there a way to make zsh to behave like bash in this example?

Please, Cc: me to any answers.

Roland

--
Roland Bauerschmidt <rb@debian.org>