zsh-workers
* reading/saving history file dependent on isset(RCS)
@ 2011-10-19 18:34 Greg Klanderman
From: Greg Klanderman @ 2011-10-19 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh list

Hi, can someone explain the thinking behind reading and saving of the
history file being dependent on isset(RCS)?  The code predates CVS..
Seems like if you've set HISTFILE/SAVEHIST, it should honor that.

I did find this partially documented, in section "5.1 Startup/Shutdown Files":

| Note also that the RCS option affects the saving of history files,
| i.e. if RCS is unset when the shell exits, no history file will be
| saved.

but it does not document that reading the history file is similarly
conditioned on that option.

thanks,
Greg