zsh-workers
* configuration question
@ 1999-08-05 13:33 Wim Yedema
From: Wim Yedema @ 1999-08-05 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

I'd like replace self-insert with a function that automatically
does something like "history-beginning-search-backward" the problem
with this is that it beeps when nothing is found and that the current
history number changes, meaning that every time I type something I
go backwards in the history even if the character that I type suits
the current history event just fine.

I tried something like this

---
insert-and-predict () {
  LBUFFER="$LBUFFER$KEYS"
  RBUFFER=""
  zle history-beginning-search-backward
}

autoload insert-and-predict
zle -N self-insert insert-and-predict
---

can someone stop the beep and give me the right behaviour?

wim yedema