zsh-workers
* Bogus tempfile names in beta18
@ 1996-05-22 15:09 Vinnie Shelton
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Vinnie Shelton @ 1996-05-22 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

This bug has been around for awhile.  Someone (Peter?) sent a fix, but I
foolishly discarded it, assuming that fix would be incorporated in beta18.
Basically, the bug is that filenames for =() substitution are not unique.  Eg:

: zsh-2.6-beta18/SunOS Wed 22 11:02; Src/zsh -f
spacely% echo $ZSH_VERSION
2.6-beta18
spacely% uname -a
SunOS spacely 4.1.3_U1 2 sun4m
spacely% echo =(ls /tmp) =(ls)
/tmp/zsha19197 /tmp/zshb19197

If one were to diff those (supposedly) two files, they would apparently be the
same, even though they should be different.

--vin

* Re: Bogus tempfile names in beta18
@ 1996-05-22 16:06 ` Zoltan Hidvegi
From: Zoltan Hidvegi @ 1996-05-22 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: acs; +Cc: zsh-workers

[-- Attachment #1: Type: application/pgp, Size: 3164 bytes --]

* Re: Bogus tempfile names in beta18
@ 1996-05-22 16:18 ` Mark Borges
From: Mark Borges @ 1996-05-22 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: acs; +Cc: zsh-workers

>> On Wed, 22 May 1996 11:09:17 -0400,
>> Vinnie Shelton(vs) wrote:
vs> This bug has been around for awhile.  Someone (Peter?) sent a fix,
Yes, it was Peter. You can always get it back from the archive:

But it *is* apparently already in b18:

  $ patch < ~/tmp/keep1d/b18p2
  Patching file Src/exec.c using Plan A...
  Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [y] n
  Apply anyway? [n]

though the bug persists:

  $ echo $ZSH_VERSION
  2.6-beta18
  $ print =(cat ~/.zshrc) =(cat ~/.zshenv)
  /tmp/zsha000MD /tmp/zshb000MD

--
  -mb-

* Re: Bogus tempfile names in beta18
@ 1996-05-22 16:21 ` Mark Borges
From: Mark Borges @ 1996-05-22 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: acs; +Cc: zsh-workers

>> On Wed, 22 May 1996 11:09:17 -0400,
>> Vinnie Shelton(vs) wrote:
vs> /tmp/zsha19197 /tmp/zshb19197
            ^^             ^^
vs> If one were to diff those (supposedly) two files, they would
vs> apparently be the same, even though they should be different.

Uhm, apparently we both need to see an optometrist :-). Those
filenames are different, of course.

Sorry. Please disregard my previous mail.

--
  -mb-

* Re: Bogus tempfile names in beta18
@ 1996-05-22 17:38   ` Vinnie Shelton
From: Vinnie Shelton @ 1996-05-22 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zoltan Hidvegi; +Cc: zsh-workers

In message <199605221606.SAA29528@bolyai.cs.elte.hu>, Zoltan Hidvegi wrote:
>Did you notice that these filenames are different?

Oops.  Sorry about that.  The first time I ran the test, I did it under
beta17, and then when I ran my test script under beta18, I just did
a visual inspection on the filenames.

My apologies,
  vin