zsh-workers
* looking for new zsh mailing list location
@ 1999-01-20 19:21 Richard Coleman
From: Richard Coleman @ 1999-01-20 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

I'm no longer working at Ga. Tech.  Therefore I will lose this account
(and all the zsh mailing lists within a few months).

At my new job, I won't be able to run the zsh lists.  Therefore, I'm
looking for someone to take over the mailing lists for zsh.

There are currently 3 lists (zsh-announce, zsh-users, zsh-workers)
which have a total of about 700 subscribers.

If anyone out there has the resources to take this over, please let me
know.

Besides, I've been doing it for 4 years.  It's time to let someone else
have all the fun :-)

--
Richard Coleman
coleman@math.gatech.edu

From: Karsten Thygesen @ 1999-01-20 22:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Coleman; +Cc: zsh-workers

Richard> I'm no longer working at Ga. Tech.  Therefore I will lose
Richard> this account (and all the zsh mailing lists within a few
Richard> months).

Richard> At my new job, I won't be able to run the zsh lists.
Richard> Therefore, I'm looking for someone to take over the mailing
Richard> lists for zsh.

Richard> There are currently 3 lists (zsh-announce, zsh-users,
Richard> zsh-workers) which have a total of about 700 subscribers.

Richard> If anyone out there has the resources to take this over,
Richard> please let me know.

Richard> Besides, I've been doing it for 4 years.  It's time to let
Richard> someone else have all the fun :-)

SunSITE Denmark (sunsite.auc.dk) will be happy to host the lists (we
also host the web pages). I think, I also offered this at the time we
started hosting the pages...Anyway... We have 34Mbit connection to the
net and the machine will be upgraded to a Sun E3500 in 4-6 weeks, so
we have plenty of resources :-)

We use qmail+ezmlm+idx (so the lists will run very effective without
many problems) and we use MAPS spam filtering. The lists can be
configured in any way. We run a few hundred lists in advance - many of
them with several thousand subscribers.

If you decide to let us run the lists, then just email me information
regarding the setup as well as the old member lists, and I will put
them up ASAP.

Best,
Karsten

--
M.Sc.E.E, Sys/Net-administrator, BOFH, Aalborg University, Denmark
http://www.kom.auc.dk/~karthy/ for more information.

* Re: looking for new zsh mailing list location
@ 1999-01-21  5:03   ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 1999-01-21  5:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karsten Thygesen, Richard Coleman, zsh-workers

On Jan 20, 11:29pm, Karsten Thygesen wrote:
} Subject: Re: looking for new zsh mailing list location
}
} >>>>> "Richard" == Richard Coleman <coleman@math.gatech.edu> writes:
}
} Richard> I'm no longer working at Ga. Tech.  Therefore I will lose
} Richard> this account (and all the zsh mailing lists within a few
} Richard> months).
}
} SunSITE Denmark (sunsite.auc.dk) will be happy to host the lists [...]
}
} We use qmail+ezmlm+idx [...]

It would be very nice if the article numbering scheme currently in use
could be preserved at the new list host.  I'm guessing that the present
lists are using procmail+SmartList?  Can ezmlm duplicate the numbering?

@ 1999-01-21  6:04     ` Geoff Wing
From: Geoff Wing @ 1999-01-21  6:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Bart Schaefer <schaefer@brasslantern.com> typed:
:On Jan 20, 11:29pm, Karsten Thygesen wrote:
:} >>>>> "Richard" == Richard Coleman <coleman@math.gatech.edu> writes:
:} Richard> I'm no longer working at Ga. Tech.  Therefore I will lose
:} Richard> this account (and all the zsh mailing lists within a few
:} Richard> months).
:} SunSITE Denmark (sunsite.auc.dk) will be happy to host the lists [...]
:} We use qmail+ezmlm+idx [...]
:It would be very nice if the article numbering scheme currently in use
:could be preserved at the new list host.  I'm guessing that the present
:lists are using procmail+SmartList?  Can ezmlm duplicate the numbering?

Yes, very easy to do.  And would be nice to have .../sequence header too
_similar_ to the current ``X-Mailing-List:'' so the article number is
not just in the return path.
--
Geoff Wing   <gcw@pobox.com>            Mobile : (Australia) 0412 162 441
Work URL: http://www.primenet.com.au/   Ego URL: http://pobox.com/~gcw/

@ 1999-01-21  7:33       ` Karsten Thygesen
From: Karsten Thygesen @ 1999-01-21  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mason; +Cc: zsh-workers

Geoff> Yes, very easy to do.  And would be nice to have .../sequence
Geoff> header too _similar_ to the current ``X-Mailing-List:'' so the
Geoff> article number is not just in the return path.

There is no problem in continuing the numbering scheme from the
exsisting lists. We can alsho hack the X-Mailing-List header, but what
it the point? As you point out, the article number is in the return
path anyway...?

Karsten

* Re: looking for new zsh mailing list location
@ 1999-01-23 20:41   ` Richard Coleman
From: Richard Coleman @ 1999-01-23 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karsten Thygesen; +Cc: zsh-workers

> SunSITE Denmark (sunsite.auc.dk) will be happy to host the lists (we
> also host the web pages). I think, I also offered this at the time we
> started hosting the pages...Anyway... We have 34Mbit connection to the
> net and the machine will be upgraded to a Sun E3500 in 4-6 weeks, so
> we have plenty of resources :-)
>
> We use qmail+ezmlm+idx (so the lists will run very effective without
> many problems) and we use MAPS spam filtering. The lists can be
> configured in any way. We run a few hundred lists in advance - many of
> them with several thousand subscribers.
>
> If you decide to let us run the lists, then just email me information
> regarding the setup as well as the old member lists, and I will put
> them up ASAP.

You win the contest :-)

I will send you the membership lists of all three mailing lists
in separate messages.

--
Richard Coleman
coleman@math.gatech.edu