* [9front] IWP9 Housing
@ 2024-01-25 17:15 Brian Stuart
From: Brian Stuart @ 2024-01-25 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

The housing situation for IWP9 this year in Philadelphia is not
ideal. It seems there's a big volleyball tournament in town at the
same time, so many hotels have little availability and they're
able to charge high rates. However, we have had one that has said
they can reserve a block of rooms for us at $200/night. That is
the Club Quarters hotel. While it's not super close to campus,
it's close enough to the subway that you won't need to plan on
lots of Uber. As is commonly the case, we'll have to guarantee at
least 80% of the number of rooms we have them reserve to be
occupied. We also need to get the block reserved pretty soon as I
don't know how long they'll be able to hold some openings for us.

So I'd like to get a headcount of how many rooms we're likely to
use. Send me a reply and let me know if you are likely to reserve
a room in the block at Club Quarters at the $200 rate.

Thanks,
BLS

* Re: [9front] IWP9 Housing
@ 2024-01-26  2:20 ` noam
From: noam @ 2024-01-26  2:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Quoth Brian Stuart <blstuart@gmail.com>:
> The housing situation for IWP9 this year in Philadelphia is not
> ideal. It seems there's a big volleyball tournament in town at the
> same time, so many hotels have little availability and they're
> able to charge high rates.

That's what airbnb is for ;P