* [9front] Reminder: IWP9 papers are due on the 30th
@ 2024-01-29 19:11 ori
From: ori @ 2024-01-29 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Just a reminder: Papers are due on Jan 30th,
WIPs are on Feb 12th.

If you want to submit, but need more time, let
us know. (And thanks to those that have already
done this)

* Re: [9front] Update: Papers are due on Feb 12th.
@ 2024-01-30 18:57 ` ori
From: ori @ 2024-01-30 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Enough people spoke up asking for extensions
that we extended it.

You've got until Feb 13th.

Quoth ori@eigenstate.org:
> Just a reminder: Papers are due on Jan 30th,
> WIPs are on Feb 12th.
>
> If you want to submit, but need more time, let
> us know. (And thanks to those that have already
> done this)

* Re: [9front] Reminder: IWP9 papers are due on the 30th
@ 2024-02-04 14:38 ` phil9
From: phil9 @ 2024-02-04 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

hi,

I wrote a simple presentation tool last year in anticipation of IWP9
so people could do their presentation directly from 9front but clearly
failed to communicate about it.
If there is any interest, the code is here:
http://shithub.us/phil9/spit/HEAD/info.html

Feel free to drop me an email if you find bugs or have any feature request.

cheers,
--phil

@ 2024-02-04 14:50   ` ori
From: ori @ 2024-02-04 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I used this when presenting to the BSD user group;
it was quite nice.

I also have a plan9-native version of RSC's acme
Slide tool, if someone is interested in that.

@ 2024-02-04 17:10     ` sirjofri
From: sirjofri @ 2024-02-04 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hello,

Spit looks awesome and easy to use, and the acme presentation tool is a legend!

At some point I wrote a troff macro collection for presentations. I should still have it somewhere, but I'd have to search it (if I didn't include it in a repo at some point already). Just let me know if anybody is interested in it.

sirjofri

* Re: [9front] Reminder: IWP9 papers are due on the 30th
@ 2024-02-04 18:00     ` qwx
From: qwx @ 2024-02-04 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hi all,

Ori, sirjofri, imho please just post your stuff somewhere :)
I'm personally interested in all of it regardless of whether
or not I would end up using it, same for others I'm sure.

Cheers,
qwx

Feb 4, 2024 15:49:58 ori@eigenstate.org:

@ 2024-02-06 17:18       ` ori