* [9front] diff suicide on sysupdate, now many removed files
@ 2024-01-12  4:38 Romano
From: Romano @ 2024-01-12  4:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I just ran sysupdate on a raspberry pi4 and had a flurry of diff
suicides, and ow the sysupdate shows everything is up-to-date when
indeed there are many missing files according to git/diff -s.  Look
familiar to anyone?

http://okturing.com/src/18143/body

* Re: [9front] diff suicide on sysupdate, now many removed files
@ 2024-01-12 17:04   ` Jacob Moody
From: Jacob Moody @ 2024-01-12 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On 1/12/24 09:22, ori@eigenstate.org wrote:
> Quoth Romano <unobe@cpan.org>:
>> I just ran sysupdate on a raspberry pi4 and had a flurry of diff
>> suicides, and ow the sysupdate shows everything is up-to-date when
>> indeed there are many missing files according to git/diff -s.  Look
>> familiar to anyone?
>>
>> http://okturing.com/src/18143/body
>>

> ugh. this is a known bug in ape/diff3 and the ancient gnu diff
> that we have ported.
>
> I need to finish up merge3(1). and kick out the ancient gnu
> utilities.

Sure but we should also help people get unborked for the time being.
As I said in the other mail to Arne, you'll need to manually git/revert
things to match the latest commit that you pulled. The important part is
that you have all the commits you just need to manually fix the "checked out"
state of the repo.

* Re: [9front] diff suicide on sysupdate, now many removed files
@ 2024-01-12 15:22 ` ori
From: ori @ 2024-01-12 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

@ 2024-01-12  6:04 Romano