* [9front] Botched sysupdate or corrupt file system
@ 2024-01-12 16:52 Arne Meyer
From: Arne Meyer @ 2024-01-12 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I did a sysupdate about an hour ago and something went sideways.
git/log looks good and shows all the recent commits up to c8d87b22d50a17b8832019a93b9293fef19fbd02.
But the actual commits seem to be missing. Grepping shows the last change in my tree is e94d21ee3a2d7d053899d490b115ba763d0a1bc2 and even that is only partially applied.
I had a power outage a few days ago. Did that scramble my hjfs filesystem or is this git related?

Any Idea how to proceed from here?

Cheers,
Arne

* Re: [9front] Botched sysupdate or corrupt file system
@ 2024-01-12 17:00 ` Jacob Moody
From: Jacob Moody @ 2024-01-12 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On 1/12/24 10:52, Arne Meyer wrote:
> I did a sysupdate about an hour ago and something went sideways.
> git/log looks good and shows all the recent commits up to c8d87b22d50a17b8832019a93b9293fef19fbd02.
> But the actual commits seem to be missing. Grepping shows the last change in my tree is e94d21ee3a2d7d053899d490b115ba763d0a1bc2 and even that is only partially applied.
> I had a power outage a few days ago. Did that scramble my hjfs filesystem or is this git related?
>
> Any Idea how to proceed from here?
>
> Cheers,
> Arne

If git/log is up to date and seems to be sane then you should
be able to git/revert things back to where they should be.

cd /
bind -ac /dist/plan9front /
git/diff -s . # take survey of what is messed up
git/revert ...

I am a bit doubtful that your hjfs got borked, this seems to more be
related to a botched application of the commits.
Let me know if you run in to more issues.

moody

* Re: [9front] Botched sysupdate or corrupt file system
@ 2024-01-12 17:14   ` Arne Meyer
From: Arne Meyer @ 2024-01-12 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

git/diff and git/revert seem to think that everything is fine and show no delta. Weird.

@ 2024-01-15 20:05     ` Arne Meyer
From: Arne Meyer @ 2024-01-15 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I rm'd my /dist/plan9front/.git and restored it from my latest venti dump.
Then did a git/revert and sysupdate and that fixed it.
No idea what went wrong...