* [9front] [NOTICE] TCP reset issues with internet facing devices
@ 2024-04-27 15:53 Jacob Moody
From: Jacob Moody @ 2024-04-27 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

All,

Recently shithub and git.9front.org has been facing some sort of tcp SYN spam.
This surfaced a bug with how we handle tcp connections in "limbo" this resulted
in us leaking "slots" so connection reset would become quite common.

We thought this was just isolated to shithub and git but others have reported
this same issue happening on their vultr virtual machines. So if you are having
some current persistent network issues it is worth taking a look.

The fix has been committed, so a sysupdate and a kernel update should stop us
falling over from the SYN spam. We've observed this fixing the issue on our
devices.

Thanks,
moody

* Re: [9front] [NOTICE] TCP reset issues with internet facing devices
@ 2024-04-27 16:26 ` Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2024-04-27 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

intetesting.

did you track the source of the syns? i wonder if it was a dos attack or just some search engine probing?

-Steve

@ 2024-04-27 16:32   ` cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2024-04-27 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

its just constantly opening connections on https port from
multiple ip addresses from some brazilian isp.

if it where probing, you'd think they'd be satisfied with
the result once. nod doing 300+ connection attemps per
second.

--
cinap