Computer Old Farts Forum
* [COFF] Western Electric 321 Development System Schematics?
@ 2023-12-01 19:25 segaloco via COFF
From: segaloco via COFF @ 2023-12-01 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: COFF

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone is aware of any surviving technical diagrams/schematics for the WECo 321EB or WECo 321DS WE32x00 development systems? Bitsavers has an AT&T Data Book from 1987 detailing pin maps, registers, etc. of 32xxx family ICs and then another earlier manual from 1985 that seems to be more focused on a technical overview of the CPU specifically. Both have photographs and surface level block diagrams, but nothing showing individual connections, which bus leads went where, etc. While the descriptions should be enough, diagrams are always helpful.

In any case, I've recently ordered a 32100 CPU and 32101 MMU I saw sitting on eBay to see what I can do with some breadboarding and some DRAM/DMA controllers from other vendors, was thinking of referring to any available design schematics of the 321 development stuff for pointers on integrations. Either way, i'm glad the data books on the hardware have been preserved, that gives me a leg up.

Thanks for any insights!

- Matt G.