* [NTG-context] How to make superscript text match footnote mark formatting?
       [not found] <769759528.2453623.1714238203650.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2024-04-27 17:16 ` Joel via ntg-context
From: Joel via ntg-context @ 2024-04-27 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

\starttext
     test\high{1}test\footnote{some text}
\stoptext
How can I create a superscript number that has exactly the same formatting as a footnote, but which won't create a footnote. I tried \high{}, which I believe should be the way to superscript text, but if you compile this, you can see the first "1" and second "1" have entirely different formatting. How do I make the first one have the same exact formtating as the real footnote?
--Joel

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl

* [NTG-context] Re: How to make superscript text match footnote mark formatting?
@ 2024-04-27 18:08   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2024-04-27 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Joel via ntg-context schrieb am 27.04.2024 um 19:16:
> \starttext
>       test\high{1}test\footnote{some text}
> \stoptext
>
> How can I create a superscript number that has exactly the same
> formatting as a footnote, but which won't create a footnote. I tried
> \high{}, which I believe should be the way to superscript text, but if
> you compile this, you can see the first "1" and second "1" have entirely
> different formatting. How do I make the first one have the same exact
> formtating as the real footnote?

Footnotes apply the \tx style to the number in the running text and to
get the same text size with \high you need \tx before the argument.

Another solution is to create your own \high command where you set the
text size as default value but now you have to pass \txx as value
because by default \high already uses style=\tx. When you now combine
the default \tx from \high and the \tx from the footnote you get the
\txx size (which is used in the custom \high command).

%%%% begin example
\definehigh[fakenotesymbol][style=\txx]

\starttext

\startlines