* [9fans] problem with upas/fs and echo open >/mail/fs/ctl
@ 2003-06-10  8:42 Robby
From: Robby @ 2003-06-10  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

I am finding a bit oddness with upas/fs and echoing 'open' into
/mail/fs/ctl.

I have a couple of mailboxes that I manage very nicely by starting
upas/fs without any -f option, and then to open a particular mailbox I
echo 'open /imap/imap.myisp.server/mysillycomplicatedboxname mybox' >/mail/fs/ctl
After this I can read my email in acme with 'Mail mybox'.

Now I am finding that when my outside mailbox is empty, echo'ing the
open creates the right directory in /mail/fs but doesn't actually
populate it with anything. You can see it, but you can't cd into it.
And Mail then also fails, obviously.

I can revive everything by sending a message to the box, suddenly the
directory structure becomes normal again. And once you've reached that
stage, it remains fine. It only ever happens on the initial open.

I thought I'd ask here before trawling into code (my first foray),
whether this was expected behaviour or not? I'll have a dig around the
sources when I find a bit of spare time.

Robby

--
The only way to gain time is to slow down.

* Re: [9fans] problem with upas/fs and echo open >/mail/fs/ctl
@ 2003-06-21  0:33 ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2003-06-21  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I thought I'd ask here before trawling into code (my first foray),
> whether this was expected behaviour or not? I'll have a dig around the
> sources when I find a bit of spare time.

It's not expected behavior.  It is a subtle bug though.
If you're in the mood for a bug hunt, it's a fun one.

It's fixed on sources.  A new binary should appear
tonight.

Russ