* Re: [9fans] w95 browser won't download updates
@ 2000-12-06 23:48 ` Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2000-12-06 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i think that's called a modem glitch.

shannon limit -- all that great stuff.

* [9fans] w95 browser won't download updates
@ 2000-12-07  2:50 Thomas West
From: Thomas West @ 2000-12-07  2:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

When I try to down load plan9 updates, my w95 browser hangs or says to 'see
my administrator' (connection is dial-up) .

Some details:
-I have made the bell-labs site a 'trusted site' for the browser.
-I checked the license and export boxes of update download area.
-I was able to start the full distribution, TEX, and the installation
floppy. (I quit the download when it appeared to be working)
-In October I was able to download the updates.
I suppose I have somehow dinged my browser settings; Any suggestions?

Tom

* Re: [9fans] w95 browser won't download updates
@ 2000-12-07  6:02   ` Thomas West
From: Thomas West @ 2000-12-07  6:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Problem solved, apparently by reverting to default settings.