* [9fans] Acme 3-1 chord
@ 2003-02-19  8:34 peter a. cejchan
From: peter a. cejchan @ 2003-02-19  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>  In my version of wily  (unix port of Acme) I've made B2 on a directory
>  open the directory in the current window if the current window is a
>  directory.

>  This works very well I find. It also feels right: you "execute" a
>  directory to "change into it". Also, .. in the title bar works better (on
>  unix).

>  I've never had a problem with conflicts between wanting
>  to "execute" a directory and execute a program with
>  the same name.

>  ian

sounds good, don't  you think? would love to have sthg like that on p9....
(just my opinion)
++pac.

* Re: [9fans] Acme 3-1 chord
@ 2003-02-18 13:41 ` Ian Broster
From: Ian Broster @ 2003-02-18 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 00:46:34 GMT Sam wrote:

> Does anyone find merit in letting the 3-1 chord in
> Acme have the effect of opening (if possible) the
> selected text in the current window instead of a
> new one, as in mouse-3?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Sam

* Re: [9fans] Acme 3-1 chord
@ 2003-02-18  1:05       ` Sam
From: Sam @ 2003-02-18  1:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> That aside, I would expect 3-1 to mean load with
> arguments.  Giving it another meaning seems like
> a bad idea.

I completely agree.  My first thought was 3-2, but
it seems terribly awkward.  "open this with this
input" didn't seem like something we'ld need and
the 3-1 is much more natural (think "open, here").

Sam

* Re: [9fans] Acme 3-1 chord
@ 2003-02-18  1:00     ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2003-02-18  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Are you saying the code can't keep track of
> the order in which the buttons are pressed
> and that it only knows both buttons are
> down?

It's more subtle than that.  I'm saying that my mind
can't seem to tell my fingers to do a 3-1 chord.
Half the time I try to do one, I do a 1-3 chord.
Hence when I tried to do one after getting your
email, the result was pasting, and I replied thinking
3-1 pasted.

That aside, I would expect 3-1 to mean load with
arguments.  Giving it another meaning seems like
a bad idea.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] Acme 3-1 chord
@ 2003-02-18  0:54   ` Sam
From: Sam @ 2003-02-18  0:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Perhaps I can answer that with a question ...

Are you saying the code can't keep track of
the order in which the buttons are pressed
and that it only knows both buttons are
down?

Sam

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003,