* [9fans] certificates and tlssrv
@ 2004-03-30 23:48 Brantley Coile
From: Brantley Coile @ 2004-03-30 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm running a custom https server and I'm using
tlssrv to setup the session.  How do I specify
all the certificates to show the client that I'm
in a known chain of certificates?  I have
three certificates that chain all the way back
to someone all the browers trust, but it appears
that tlssrv is only telling them about the first one.

 Brantley

* Re: [9fans] certificates and tlssrv
@ 2004-03-31  1:43 ` David Presotto
From: David Presotto @ 2004-03-31  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

We don't follow chains, we just believe any x.509 fingerprints we
have.

Is that what you are asking?

* Re: [9fans] certificates and tlssrv
@ 2004-03-31  1:47   ` Geoff Collyer
From: Geoff Collyer @ 2004-03-31  1:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I think he wants to have tlssrv present multiple certificates to
clients, so that they can follow the chain back to the root.

* Re: [9fans] certificates and tlssrv
@ 2004-03-31 13:20     ` Brantley Coile
From: Brantley Coile @ 2004-03-31 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I think he wants to have tlssrv present multiple certificates to
> clients, so that they can follow the chain back to the root.

I should know better than to compose a 9fans request at 8pm!

Geoff is correct.  I want web browsers not to complain about the
certificate I give them.  I have a chain we bought from somewhere.
Under openSSL (don't get me started : ) I put them all into a single
file that was loaded.  The readcert(2) seems to stop after reading a
single cert.  Should I hack it to catenate them togeter and set the
TLSconn->cert to that whole thing?

Thanks

@ 2004-03-31 20:28   ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-03-31 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> We don't follow chains, we just believe any x.509 fingerprints we
> have.

good call.  the PKI is a disaster and a monopoly.