* [9fans] silly graphics Q
@ 2003-07-17  6:44 pac
From: pac @ 2003-07-17  6:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Just curious:

[graph | map] | plot --> rio
[grap] | pic | troff | gs --> rio

why do we have this strange dichotomy?

if it is necessary [the dichotomy], do we have something like plot2pic???
(man plot(6) says:
        Open & Close
          o string  Open plotting device.  For troff, string specifies
                    the size of the plot (default is `6i').
however this is too brief explanation for me :-( to be able to utilize it

was DisplayPostScript (from NeXT) a bad idea? Or the [grap] | pic | troff |
gs --> rio way
if just want to see what you draw without feedback loop...

So, can I get PostScript out of map(1) somehow?

++pac
.

---
Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-07-17  6:44 UTC | newest]