* [9fans] Re: Getting started in Plan9 - help
@ 2003-08-29 13:42 pac
From: pac @ 2003-08-29 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans; +Cc: matt

> On Tue, 22 Jan 2002 16:36:15 +0100
> "cej@cejchan.gli.cas.cz" <cej@cejchan.gli.cas.cz> wrote:
> > >
> > > Of course, if there isn't much data, moving it into
> > > the file system might be an even better solution.
> > >
> > > Russ
> >

> > Could anyone show me how to do such a thing? (tables + relations -->
filesys)

> man join
> man awk
> man sort
> man bind
> and some custom scripting is about as far as I've got

> my data is such that ls /data/content/*/*.txt works for me

> I'm trying to keep my data with a depth of one although I envisage being
able to move to a more tree like structure to resolve inner > joins and the
like.

> Of course, you have to consider the performance issue of losing your

> Hopefully I'll be working a bit harder on it in a couple of weeks time
when my current nightmare has ended !

Thanks god you opened my eyes, indeed! Now I have the full power of regexp
at hand, plus human readability as well!
I still have large gaps in the very base of unixish thinking -- but I learn
from my mistakes.
Goodbye, indexes ... however, there's no problem if my machine does the work
for me overnight.

Thus, I'm moving from pq back to join | awk, where I actually should have
started.

Thanks again, folks!

++pac.

---
Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje viry.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-08-29 13:42 UTC | newest]