* [9fans] Widescreen?
@ 2005-05-28  1:53 Jack Johnson
From: Jack Johnson @ 2005-05-28  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Anyone running their box with a widescreen CRT or LCD?  If so, how do
you like it?

I know page seems to like as many pixels as it can get, but it seems
like acme might breathe a little easier widescreen.

-Jack

* Re: [9fans] Widescreen?
@ 2005-05-28  2:02 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2005-05-28  2:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: knapjack, 9fans

> Anyone running their box with a widescreen CRT or LCD?  If so, how do
> you like it?

i used an SGI 1600x1000 monitor for a few months, i was really happy
with it.  now i'm on a 1600x1200 samsung and i'm even happier :) there
was a big bertha monitor kicking around at the time (3840x2400, 22.2")
but they were afraid it'll explode when displaying glenda so i never
got around to using it.

here's how the widescreen sgi looked like:

http://homepage.usask.ca/~aam396/p9.gif

* Re: [9fans] Widescreen?
@ 2005-05-28  2:03 ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2005-05-28  2:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jack Johnson, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> Anyone running their box with a widescreen CRT or LCD?

i have a 1280x800x32 X-black lcd, but 9 doesn't like this VAIO either :(
--
MGRS 31U DQ 52572 12604

* Re: [9fans] Widescreen?
@ 2005-05-28  7:54   ` vdharani
From: vdharani @ 2005-05-28  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

>> Anyone running their box with a widescreen CRT or LCD?  If so, how do
>> you like it?
>
> i used an SGI 1600x1000 monitor for a few months, i was really happy
> with it.  now i'm on a 1600x1200 samsung and i'm even happier :) there
> was a big bertha monitor kicking around at the time (3840x2400, 22.2")
> but they were afraid it'll explode when displaying glenda so i never
> got around to using it.

but 1600x1200 widescreen lcd is only as good as 21" CRT with same
resolution, right? i guess he was talking about widescreen with more
pixels! like the 1920x1200 ones. i am looking at dell 2405fpw:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-4221&link_number=

this one is a well-priced and good display. has anyone tried this on
plan9? can this be supported?

thanks
dharani

* Re: [9fans] Widescreen?
@ 2005-05-28  8:04     ` Bruce Ellis
From: Bruce Ellis @ 2005-05-28  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

i find that most things get confused with my 1680x1050 laptop.
even the luggage.  but life goes on.  the dvds and my d-7 video
look shit-hot tho.

brucee