* [9fans] DST?
@ 2004-10-25 15:37 Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2004-10-25 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,
Anyone else in the UK noticed their clocks seem to be wrong?
Both home and work plan9 are an hour slow and their clocks are
locked to two different ntp servers; I am wondering if
/adm/timezone/GB-EIRE is wrong.
-Steve

* Re: [9fans] DST?
@ 2004-10-25 15:51 ` Charles Forsyth
From: Charles Forsyth @ 2004-10-25 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

yes, it's wrong.  it just happened to work last year because
the old and new rules produced the same date.
this year, they didn't.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2256 bytes --]

From: "Steve Simon" <steve@quintile.net>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] DST?
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 15:37:04 0000

@ 2004-10-26  9:02 ` Robert Raschke
From: Robert Raschke @ 2004-10-26  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Steve wrote:
> Anyone else in the UK noticed their clocks seem to be wrong?
> Both home and work plan9 are an hour slow and their clocks are
> locked to two different ntp servers; I am wondering if
> /adm/timezone/GB-EIRE is wrong.

Yup, wrong for me too.  Does anyone know where to pick up the correct
up-to-date versions of timezone files?  I vaguely remember there being
a central repository (i.e., non Plan 9 specific) which stores them for
download.  I definitely used them once for setting up my SGI.

Robby

* Re: [9fans] DST?
@ 2004-10-26 18:59   ` Chad Gross
From: Chad Gross @ 2004-10-26 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:02:12 0000, Robert Raschke <rrplan9@tombob.com> wrote:
> Steve wrote:
> > Anyone else in the UK noticed their clocks seem to be wrong?
> > Both home and work plan9 are an hour slow and their clocks are
> > locked to two different ntp servers; I am wondering if
> > /adm/timezone/GB-EIRE is wrong.
>
> Yup, wrong for me too.  Does anyone know where to pick up the correct
> up-to-date versions of timezone files?  I vaguely remember there being
> a central repository (i.e., non Plan 9 specific) which stores them for
> download.  I definitely used them once for setting up my SGI.

Are you looking for for the latest tz database?

ftp://elsie.nci.nih.gov/pub/

--
Chad Gross
cmgross@gmail.com