* [9fans] drawterm - upas/fs fails & auth/fgui kills it
@ 2002-07-14 22:15 matt
From: matt @ 2002-07-14 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

trying to use upas/fs from drawterm I get

upas/fs: opening mailbox: no usable keys found

when trying to use upas/fs in a drawterm window I get
upas/fs: opening mailbox: no usable keys found
and on the cpu console I get "matt doesn't have permission to use bootes
keys"
(or similar, can't see the cpu screen now, it's headless atm.)

I was developing a remote mail -> local mail script along the lines of

#!/bin/rc
{
 box = `{read}
 echo $box(2) $box(3) > $home/tmp/p3p
 upas/fs -f/pop/$box(1) < $home/tmp/p3p
 for (msg in /mail/fs/mbox/*/raw)
  cat $msg | upas/send -r -b $box(4)

} < $home/pop3

which mounts the remote mail and them re-sends them to me using the local
smtp server

It was working pretty well until I got the auth problems.
I was using a file $home/pop3 with each pop3 as "host username password
localusername"

There was a snag actually. After the initial upas/fs connection where one is
asked for details the un/pw combination is stored with factotum. All well
and good but it seems to be on a 1 user per protocol per domain. I have 5
pop3 mailboxes I need to mount and collect from all on the same domain name.
I didn't get the chance to play with factotum and set it to ask for un/pw
for those domains.

An additional problem is that auth/fgui dies in a drawterm too :

auth/fgui: opening /mnt/factotum/confirm: permission denied
auth/fgui: opening /mnt/factotum/needkey: permission denied

and then drawterm locks up

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-07-14 22:15 UTC | newest]