* [9fans] debugmalloc
@ 2002-08-04  7:44 matt
From: matt @ 2002-08-04  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Here I am 8.41 on a Sunday morning about to start scoping for memory leaks
when someone freed debugmalloc from under me :)

cpu% man debugmalloc
man: no manual page
cpu% ls /sys/src/libdebugmalloc
ls: /sys/src/libdebugmalloc: '/sys/src/libdebugmalloc' does not exist

A change not mentioned in
Changes to the Programming Environment in the Fourth Release of Plan 9

Curse those 3e printed manuals I bought

Is there a replacement or is it back to if (debug) print?

* Re: [9fans] debugmalloc
@ 2002-08-05 10:34 ` Martin C.Atkins
From: Martin C.Atkins @ 2002-08-05 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Sun, 4 Aug 2002 17:54:42 +0100 forsyth@caldo.demon.co.uk wrote:
> printed 4th edition manuals are indeed snapshots.   i'd have preferred
> to print on dynamic paper(tm),  but it isn't available yet.

Wouldn't that suffer from the "I'm sure I read X, but I can't find it anywhere"
problem :-)?

Martin
--
Martin C. Atkins	martin@mca-ltd.com
Mission Critical Applications Ltd, U.K.

* Re: [9fans] debugmalloc
@ 2002-08-04 16:54 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 2002-08-04 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>>Curse those 3e printed manuals I bought

to be fair, they are third edition manuals, and there
have been many changes, but even the more recent

@ 2002-08-04 13:58 rob pike, esq.
From: rob pike, esq. @ 2002-08-04 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

There's also helpful information in the DIAGNOSTICS section of malloc(2).

-rob

* Re: [9fans] debugmalloc
@ 2002-08-04 13:36 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2002-08-04 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Debugmalloc has been replaced by leak(1)
and trump (see acid(1)).

Russ