* [9fans] verifying CD vs. iso image
@ 2003-07-08  5:01 pac
From: pac @ 2003-07-08  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Just tried.  Looks like this is the right mantra
>
>  sum file
>  cdfs
>  sum /mnt/cd/d000
>
> Otherwise you're also comparing the fixated directory.Yes. I ended up with
the same after some experimenting yesterday. My mistake was to search for
raw data in /dev/sdD0/Now I can use cmp, sum,  or whatever I wish. Thanks
for response, and excuse my silliness!++pac.

* Re: [9fans] verifying CD vs. iso image
@ 2003-07-07 20:46   ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2003-07-07 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

err, cmp?

     http://plan9.bell-labs.com/magic/man2html?man=cmp&sect=1

* Re: [9fans] verifying CD vs. iso image
@ 2003-07-07 17:03 David Presotto
From: David Presotto @ 2003-07-07 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2003-07-07 16:58 ` David Presotto
From: David Presotto @ 2003-07-07 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

How about
	sum file
	sum /dev/sdD0/data
?

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2633 bytes --]

From: "pac" <cej@gli.cas.cz>
To: "9fans" <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: [9fans] verifying CD vs. iso image
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 14:05:55 +0200

Hi folks,

can you show me how to compare (checksums of) CD-R versus its original iso
image (used to be copied to /mnt/cd/wd)?
I don't know how to access the raw data on the CD  (I feel that it should be
some trick with with /dev/sdC1/ctl or  /dev/sdC1/raw ... )

Also, I've got trapped in (presumably easy to write) script to compare all
files in two (intentionally identical) directories. Just something like cmp
filelist1 filelist2. I ended up with ugly enough catting everything together
and piping it to cmp   :-(((
Beg for your help here, too. I must be an idiot, or what.

Cheers,
++pac.

* [9fans] verifying CD vs. iso image
@ 2003-07-07 12:05 pac