* [9fans] How do I
@ 2001-07-13 20:06 Michael Grunditz
From: Michael Grunditz @ 2001-07-13 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Use the pop3 or imap mode in upas/fs ? I looked on the example on plan9/wiki
but I guess it something more.

/Michael

* Re: [9fans] How do I
@ 2001-07-14  1:19 ` Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2001-07-14  1:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Use the pop3 or imap mode in upas/fs ? I looked on the example on plan9/wiki
> but I guess it something more.

if yer into limbo i have a very simple messages into files module.

* Re: [9fans] How do I
@ 2001-07-14  7:00   ` Michael Grunditz
From: Michael Grunditz @ 2001-07-14  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On the wiki page there is an example like this..

upas/fs -f/pop3/server/user

/pop3 ?
is that a special mailbox that I have to create ?

@ 2001-07-14 19:14 ` Michael Grunditz
From: Michael Grunditz @ 2001-07-14 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Ohh

thanks that was what I needed , allmost..
Why does upas/fs use apop when I specify raw in agent.config ?

/Michael
From: forsyth @ 2001-07-14 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

man 4 agent

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1632 bytes --]

From: presotto@plan9.bell-labs.com
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 09:10:36 -0400

No, it's something russ cox did to get upas/fs to call up
a pop3 server.  You also need to be running his authentication
client agent, the name escapes me at the moment.  I'm going to
build the same function into an auth agent I'm currently
building for 9P2000.  Mail rsc for details.

* Re: [9fans] How do I
@ 2001-07-14 13:37 ` Michael Grunditz
From: Michael Grunditz @ 2001-07-14 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Thanks..

I am trying to setup a standalone box that I can connect to with telnet and
drawterm.My family are on vacation so now its time :)

I figured out that my plan9 box has to be a auth and cpu server , is that
correct ? , but I also want to use it as a graphical terminal.
I compiled a cpuserver kernel with support for my graphics card , and
installed it,made apropriate changes to cpurc, etc.. Then I found out that
some rc file is responsible for setting up my devices , where do I activate
/dev/draw support ?

anyway..

I booted my cpuserver up and all went fine except for the nvram and
/dev/draw.
I created acounts ,and then I tried to login with drawterm. I got a user:
prompt and a password prompt, but then it said something about gotch file
missing.
Telnet didnt work , when I entered my username, the cpuserver died with a
dump on screen..

/Michael Grunditz

@ 2001-07-14 13:10 presotto