* [9fans] How do you sert up for LAN and modem based ISP access?
@ 2002-10-21 23:00 Thomas West
From: Thomas West @ 2002-10-21 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

  I would like to use my kfs plan9 with two ip addresses; one fixed to be
used on a LAN only and another, assigned by thte ISP, to be used with a
modem connection to the ISP.

I have been able to use ppp to connect to the ISP and to ping with dotted
quads, but not with internet textual names apparently because cs can't find
the dns addresses - they're in /lib/ndb/local in the same group as the ether
card serial number.

If someone could show how to invoke ipconfig, dns, cs bind and any others
that may be necessary for this case. I'd be most grateful

-Tom

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-10-21 23:00 UTC | newest]