* [9fans] Mysql client on Plan 9 !!
@ 2004-07-12  9:02 free93
From: free93 @ 2004-07-12  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

HI,

I'm close finishing a mysql client for plan9, but i need some help about
some aspect of this project.
Connection, query, data stream is ok, i just want to get an ssl support for
transaction, so if someone is interesting, just answer this post.

Thanks ;)

Karim

* Re: [9fans] Mysql client on Plan 9 !!
@ 2004-07-12 14:06 ` bituman
From: bituman @ 2004-07-12 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

heres my email addr, i already wrote a mysql client for various OSes,
contact me and i gladly help.

* Re: [9fans] Mysql client on Plan 9 !!
@ 2004-07-13  6:53 ` matt
From: matt @ 2004-07-13  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

although I have lost interest in mysql since discovering postgres, I am intreagued as to what file system you present for your client ?

does it have much benefit over 'ssh -C host mysql -n -u user database' ?

matt

* Re: [9fans] Mysql client on Plan 9 !!
@ 2004-07-13  7:42   ` matt
From: matt @ 2004-07-13  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> does it have much benefit over 'ssh -C host mysql -n -u user database' ?

of course I have realized my own answer

"yes it does if you have no ssh access, which isn't that uncommon"

* Re: [9fans] Mysql client on Plan 9 !!
@ 2004-07-13  8:28   ` Boris Maryshev
From: Boris Maryshev @ 2004-07-13  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Tuesday 13 July 2004 09:53, matt@proweb.co.uk wrote:
> although I have lost interest in mysql since discovering postgres, I am
> intreagued as to what file system you present for your client ?
Will it speak 9P? Then we'd have SQL filesystem, wouldn't we?

> does it have much benefit over 'ssh -C host mysql -n -u user database' ?
>
> matt
boris
--
All his life he has looked away... to the horizon, to the sky,
to the future.  Never his mind on where he was, on what he was doing.

* Re: [9fans] Mysql client on Plan 9 !!
@ 2004-07-13 11:28   ` Sankhukai
From: Sankhukai @ 2004-07-13 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

thanks for your help

If you're still interested in this project i will send you all the source
code.
I'm close to finish this client but i want to update it with a ssl support
in the transaction (authentification, data stream ...).
This client is based on ftpfs using same procedure
If you're still interested, just answer this email

thanks

@ 2004-07-13 12:03     ` free93
From: free93 @ 2004-07-13 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans