* [9fans] catenating subfont files, catsf
@ 2003-12-15  2:59 YAMANASHI Takeshi
From: YAMANASHI Takeshi @ 2003-12-15  2:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Ttf2subf is great, but the ouptut subfont files have
been sliced into very small pieces.

For example, I tried ttf2subf on the Cyberbit font and it
produced a font(6) file of almost 2000 lines.  Furthermore,
in cerntain ttf, the result was almost 4000 lines and it
slows rio considerably using the font.

So I made a program catenating multiple subfont files
into a single file.

The following lines would do the installation for you:
	hget http://p9c.cc.titech.ac.jp/plan9/catsf.tgz | gunzip | tar
	cd catsf; mk install

See the manpage included in the tgz for more details.
--
YAMANASHI Takeshi

* Re: [9fans] catenating subfont files, catsf
@ 2003-12-15  4:14 ` Chris Hollis-Locke
From: Chris Hollis-Locke @ 2003-12-15  4:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

From: YAMANASHI Takeshi @ 2003-12-15  5:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Mon Dec 15 13:16:44 JST 2003, Chris Hollis-Locke wrote:
> > So I made a program catenating multiple subfont files
> > into a single file.
> >
> Wouldn't it be better to fix ttf2subf rather than add more utils to fix
> problems with existing ones?

Looking into ttf2subf is harder than reading plan9 documentations
and writing new program for me. :)

> Alternatively you could always use my Limbo app.

Exactly.  I just overlooked your limbo program or I wouldn't have
write this.  I should have asked the list first.  Anyway, it left
me some experience.