* Re: [9fans] pic(1) question
@ 2004-04-30 15:17 boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-04-30 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> i haven't looked at pic for a _very long time_.

having said that, maybe you can do troff tricks inside the pic?

* Re: [9fans] pic(1) question
@ 2004-05-04  9:44     ` Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2004-05-04  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I know little about such things pic(1) but somone did a port of
the 2nd edition art(1) to the /dev/draw model, and that can save
its images in PIC format I beleive.

-Steve

* Re: [9fans] pic(1) question
@ 2004-05-04  9:03   ` Douglas A. Gwyn
From: Douglas A. Gwyn @ 2004-05-04  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

boyd, rounin wrote:
> in the '80's there was a blit gui for pic called cip, but i
> think it was pretty much regarded as a toy iirc.

There were some scaling problems, but when it was cleaned up
we found it to be a useful tool.  There are also X11 versions
(xpic) and I think xfig has (had?) an option to produce pic
format.

* Re: [9fans] pic(1) question
@ 2004-04-30 16:09   ` Taj Khattra
From: Taj Khattra @ 2004-04-30 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=unknown-8bit, Size: 155 bytes --]

> Yes, I think there is.  Look at
> 	/sys/lib/tmac/tmac.pictures

and for examples using tmac.pictures, see sam.ms, 8½.ms
and acme.ms in /sys/doc/

* Re: [9fans] pic(1) question
@ 2004-04-30 15:19 ` Sape Mullender
From: Sape Mullender @ 2004-04-30 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Is there a way of using from pic an external graphic and
> place it within the pic drawing?

Yes, I think there is.  Look at
	/sys/lib/tmac/tmac.pictures
It has macros to include postscript into troff documents (that
must produce postscript too).  You can call them between .PS
and .PE, but you'll probably have to do some experimentation
to get the result you want.  The .BP and .EP macros can produce
some curious side effects.

	Sape

* Re: [9fans] pic(1) question
@ 2004-04-30 15:13 ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-04-30 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Is there a way of using from pic an external graphic and
> place it within the pic drawing?

err, you could do troff tricks.

   pic ... | filter | troff

but it would be a hack.

in the '80's there was a blit gui for pic called cip, but i
think it was pretty much regarded as a toy iirc.

i haven't looked at pic for a _very long time_.

* [9fans] pic(1) question
@ 2004-04-30 14:54 Fco.J.Ballesteros
From: Fco.J.Ballesteros @ 2004-04-30 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Is there a way of using from pic an external graphic and
place it within the pic drawing?

Excuse the ignorance.