* [9fans] Some missing apps/man pages
@ 2000-06-22  2:43 Phillip Stanley-Marbell
From: Phillip Stanley-Marbell @ 2000-06-22  2:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Were the following apps and their man pages purposefully left out
(they are referenced in other man pages) ?:

	/sys/man/1/distill
	/sys/man/8/pip

Also:
	/rc/bin/service.auth/authsrv.il566
 and
	/rc/bin/service.auth/authsrv.tcp567

are missing. They are referenced from the start.xxx document.
-
pip

* Re: [9fans] Some missing apps/man pages
@ 2000-06-22  5:57 ` rob pike
From: rob pike @ 2000-06-22  5:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Were the following apps and their man pages purposefully left out
> (they are referenced in other man pages) ?:
>
> /sys/man/1/distill
> /sys/man/8/pip

Yes. They are not included in the distribution for various uninteresting
reasons but they are in the indices because we shipped the indices from
the main tree.  Apologies for the confusion.

> Also:
> /rc/bin/service.auth/authsrv.il566
>  and
> /rc/bin/service.auth/authsrv.tcp567
>
> are missing. They are referenced from the start.xxx document.

That looks like a glitch.  I'll let someone not at USENIX look into them.

-rob

* Re: [9fans] Some missing apps/man pages
@ 2000-06-22 16:05 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2000-06-22 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Regarding authsrv.*

% cat authsrv.il566
#!/bin/rc
/bin/auth/auth.srv -d $3
% cat authsrv.tcp567
#!/bin/rc
/bin/auth/auth.srv -d $3
%

They'll be in the next update.  Sorry about that.

Russ