* [9fans] Help with accessing a USB "storage device"
@ 2002-11-14 10:21 Adrian Tritschler
From: Adrian Tritschler @ 2002-11-14 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

In my never-ending quest for enlightenment in the plan9 world...

I have a "NEXDISK" (www.nexdisk.com) solid-state disk, under Windows
it appears as a 64M vfat disk partition, using some magic
auto-discovered Windows drivers.

Under linux it is possible to access it via the usb-storage module,
then mounting it with "mount -t vfat /mnt/dongle /dev/sdD0"

Is it possible to access this under plan9.... How would I go about
trying to do this?  If it isn't, how can I at least tell if USB
support is working on my plan9 terminal? (or auth server)

usb(4) only seems to mention mouses and audio, is this the limit of
supported devices?  I've got an el-cheapo usb webcam at home too, can
these be accessed?

        Adrian

So far...
=========
+ CPU/Auth/KFS server now exists (IBM 300PL, S3 variant) - thanks to
  Wiki and google - telnet, netkey, woohoo!
+ Thinkpad T21 terminal exists
- Thinkpad cannot use its 3com network card.

Adrian Tritschler    mailto:Adrian.Tritschler@its.monash.edu.au

* RE: [9fans] Help with accessing a USB "storage device"
@ 2002-11-14 10:32 ` Nigel Roles
From: Nigel Roles @ 2002-11-14 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

You will need a USB Mass Storage Device (Transparent SCSI protocol)
driver. No, there
isn't one, though the protocol is well(ish) documented. One would be
very useful as
it would automatically support the vast majority of pen drives, zip
drives, belt drives,
sneaker drives etc..