* [9fans] Lucent / Bell-Labs & the Jordan F1 team
@ 2001-07-16  9:43 Matt
From: Matt @ 2001-07-16  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

I finally noticed that Lucent / Bell-Labs sponsor the Jordan F1 team (mainly
as the logo is tiny on the car - I spotted it on the sleeve of on of the
fire retardant suits [useful for Usenet]).

So I was wondering if anyone around here has anything to do with it.

You can see a press release about it here
http://www.lucent.com/press/0900/000922.bla.html

(they seem to release a similar Press release every so often with the name
of the race changed :)

The we designers seem to have neglected the web browser of one of their
progeny.
I.E. also renders it a bit strange (300 char wide lines!). I guess with
things being a bit tight some standards slip.

* Re: [9fans] Lucent / Bell-Labs & the Jordan F1 team
@ 2001-07-16 10:04 ` Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2001-07-16 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> fire retardant suits [useful for Usenet]).

undoubtably nomex:

    http://www.dupont.com/nomex