* [9fans] cannot boot Plan 9 partition after normal shutdown command
@ 2004-01-08 10:01 B.Sathish Kumar
From: B.Sathish Kumar @ 2004-01-08 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

i installed Plan 9 4th Edition. i'm using Bootstar boot manager.
it was working fine for some days(i have used shutdown commands). one day
after giving a shutdown command ,
suddenly the partition is not booting. dont know what to do ?
i didnt give any sensitive command, i was only studying commands like
acme, sam, ls, ....

also, how to change the resolution after installing.
i tried to mount 9fat partition.
i tried like this (used simply /alpha just for testing)
mount /srv/dos /alpha /dev/sdC0/9fat

this may not be a correct command.
please guide me how to mount and change the contents ??

Greattttt Thanks to Okamoto for making my SVGA monitor to work for i810 VGA
adapter.
its beatiful.
i overwrite the file he gave to /sys/src/cmd/aux/vga/i81x.c
and
mk install.
and everything was perfect.

thanks a lot
/sathish

--
Note: (Only for NewsGroups)
     Remove NOSPAM in my E-Mail ID

* Re: [9fans] cannot boot Plan 9 partition after normal shutdown command
@ 2004-01-08 14:28 ` kazumi iwane
From: kazumi iwane @ 2004-01-08 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> i tried to mount 9fat partition.
> i tried like this (used simply /alpha just for testing)
> mount /srv/dos /alpha /dev/sdC0/9fat

Use /bin/9fat: (the last colon is part of the command name).
9fat: command mounts the 9fat partition on (you guessed it)
/n/9fat. It is a rc script so you can see what it is doing.

* Re: [9fans] cannot boot Plan 9 partition after normal shutdown command
@ 2004-01-09  0:34   ` boyd, rounin
From: boyd, rounin @ 2004-01-09  0:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Use /bin/9fat: (the last colon is part of the command name).
> 9fat: command mounts the 9fat partition on (you guessed it)
> /n/9fat. It is a rc script so you can see what it is doing.

9fat: should  work like c: -- much as i dislike typing.